We all know that hydration is critical for performance and recovery, but what are some of the tell-tale signs that you may be dehydrated?
Former professional triathlete and coach Elizabeth Inpyn outlines 5 Quick Ways To Spot And Stop Dehydration.
- Thirst: The most obvious clue is your own thirst mechanism. Dry mouth and/or eyes can also be a sign.
- Mental Fatigue: The #1 cause of daytime fatigue is dehydration!
- Cold & Hot: If it’s a cool day but you’re sweating a lot without exercise, it may be thirst.
- Motivation: If you’ve hit that wall a lot quicker than normal, or struggling to get out the door….
- Sudden Changes: If you’ve been sweating a lot and then it stops completely, this is a big warning sign.